Human trafficking and child exploitation are serious crimes that are running rampant in our communities. Frightened and reluctant victims make it very difficult to identify the crime; and prosecution even more difficult. This training brings together instructors who are the experts at identification and prosecution as well as victim welfare and services. The training is highly recommended for first responders, detectives and supervisors. It is also recommended for those working with organizations that help victims of commercial sex exploitation and sex trafficking that support and work with prosecutor and law enforcement.
Our instructors are all recognized experts in their fields.
The instructors are:
* LA County Co District Attorney’s Office – Ted Swanson, Human Sex Trafficking Unit
*LA County Dept. of Children and Family Services – Emilio Mendoza, Assistant Regional Administrator
* Los Angeles Co Sheriff’s Department – Detective Dave Johnson, LA Human Trafficking Task Force
* Los Angeles Co Sheriff’s Department – Detective Steve French, LA Human Trafficking Task Force
* Los Angeles Police Department – Detective II Mario Gallegos, Detective I Sammy Cruz, Officer Jill Calhoun, Human Trafficking Unit
*Journey Out – Dr. Stephany Powell, Executive Director
* FBI Los Angeles Office – Special Agent Ronald Schloegel and Victim Specialist Cristal Mills, Crimes Against Children/Human Trafficking